Wednesday 28 July 2021

Rose Gold Metallic Floral Die Cut Birthday Card

I love the large floral die in the SU! 'Artistic' die set and I thought it would be stunning cut out of Rose Gold Metallic specialty paper.  Oh my word, metallic specialty paper is NOT ideal to use with intricate dies, I had to painstakingly poke out every piece from the die cut and it took me ages and I tore a bit!  I think the backing paper is what prevents the pieces releasing easily from the die cut but lesson learned for sure!  Anyway, I persevered because the sparkly metallic die cut IS stunning!  Here's the card and envelope together.


I made the card base from Calypso Coral CS and used stitched rectangle dies to cut panels of  Rose Gold Metallic specialty paper and Pale Papaya CS and glued the floral die cut onto the Pale Papaya panel.  I stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink on Calypso Coral CS, die cut that with a 'Tasteful Labels' die, added some Faux Suede Trim and popped the label up on Dimensionals - positioning the label to cover up the torn piece of the die cut!  I added a small butterfly die cut using a die from the 'Nature's Thoughts' set in the Rose Gold paper and as it was small it was fine to poke the bits out!  I added three Champagne Jewels to the label as the finishing touch to the front.


Here's the inside of the card with another 'Tasteful Labels' sentiment and a butterfly.


For the envelope I die cut a Rose Gold solid butterfly and layered an Early Espresso outline butterfly on top.  I cut a pretty circle of Pale Papaya CS using a die from the 'Tasteful Labels' set and layered that onto a larger Calypso Coral die cut circle.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Moments' set
CS: SU! Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Pale Papaya & Basic White, Rose Gold Metallic specialty paper
Ink: SU! Early Espresso 
Tools: SU! 'Artistic', 'Brilliant Wings', 'Layering Circles', 'Nature's Thoughts' & 'Tasteful Labels' die sets, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Faux Suede Trim, Champagne Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10