Wednesday 14 July 2021

Pattern Party Double Wonder Cards

Here is a full set of ten Double Wonder template cards.  I've used Pool Party CS for all ten card bases and I used two patterns of paper from the SU! 'Pattern Party' DSP pack.  I've made four butterfly cards and six floral cards.  Please visit THIS BLOG POST for Julie Davison's video and PDF Double Wonder online class.  

Because I'm in the UK, the cutting measurements in the original instructions are not ideal for UK A6 sized cards so I adapted them slightly.  Please see the Double Wonder Template section on my TUTORIALS PAGE to see my cutting instructions and layout examples.

Here are all my finished cards and envelopes on my desk.  It's very satisfying seeing the completed set all together!


Here are the four cards for Layout #1.


I used two different sentiments so I have two hello you cards and two thank you cards.  Both sentiments are from the 'Shaded Summer' stamp set and all are stamped in Misty Moonlight ink.  My mat layers are made from Misty Moonlight CS.  The butterflies are cut from dies in the 'Brilliant Wings' die set and the white rectangles are cut from a die in the 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set.  The rectangles are popped up on Dimensionals.


I stamped the insides of the cards and the envelope flaps with butterflies from the 'Butterfly Brilliance' stamp for Layout #1.


Here are the four cards for Layout #2.  Each card base is scored at 1 1/4" and the flap folded back and glued down.  I punched Flirty Flamingo CS using the 'Daisy' punch to create the flowers - layering two daisy shapes for each flower.  I placed a Real Red 5/8" punched circle on each flower centre and added a Misty Moonlight die cut button (from the 'All Dressed Up') die set over the top.  The Granny Apple Green leaves are cut using dies from the 'Stitched Leaves' die set.  The sentiment (from the 'Sweet Strawberry' set) is stamped in Misty Moonlight ink and die cut using a shape from the 'Messages' die.  The sentiment labels are glued to the card front but the leaves and flowers are popped up on Dimensionals.


Here is how the insides and envelopes look for Layout #2.


Here are the two cards for Layout #3.  The Real Red strips measure 4 1/8" x 3/4".  I stamped the sentiments using the 'Biggest Wish' stamp set in Granny Apple Green and Misty Moonlight inks and cut labels using a die from the 'Tasteful Labels' die set.  I used 'Perennial Petals' dies to create the larger flowers and I used the 'Small Bloom' punch for the small Real Red flowers.  I used a die from the old, retired 'Trim Your Stocking' die set to cut out the small CS dots for the flower centres.


Here is how the insides and envelopes look for Layout #3.


Using the Double Wonder template is a great way to use patterned paper - and I definitely have lots of patterned paper to use!  I think I may have to make a set of Christmas cards using the Double Wonder template soon!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Biggest Wish', 'Butterfly Brilliance', 'Shaded Summer' & 'Sweet Strawberry' sets
CS: SU! Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, Real Red & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Pattern Party' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Granny Apple Green, Misty Moonlight & Pool Party 
Tools: SU! 'All Dressed Up', 'Brilliant Wings', 'Perennial Petals', 'Stitched Leaves', 'Stitched So Sweetly', 'Tasteful Labels' & 'Trim Your Stocking' die sets, 'Messages' die, 'Small Bloom' punch, Woodware 5/8" circle punch 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10