Friday 30 July 2021

Alcohol Ink Background Floral Birthday Card

Another alcohol ink background birthday card.  I precut some A6 pieces of vellum so I have a supply ready to grab and while I had the supplies out I couldn't resist making another alcohol ink background!  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I made the background for this card a little bit differently.  I used a spritzer bottle to apply the alcohol onto the vellum rather than dabbing the alcohol on with a flat paintbrush.  I found that I needed to spritz a lot to get the ink to move and blend so my vellum panel got very wet and really curled up.  I don't like the look as much, I prefer the veining look I get when using the flat paintbrush and the vellum curled up a lot.  I did manage to get it flat though so I carried on and made a card.  I taped the vellum to a piece of Basic White CS and cut the panel out using a stitched rectangle die.  I added a black floral die cut, some Basic Black shimmer ribbon and popped up a heat embossed sentiment label.  I added a sweet little die cut butterfly and then added a clear epoxy droplet to the label to finish


Here's a closer look at the ink background.  Using a spritzer bottle does have an advantage in that you don't get any colour contaminated alcohol.  However, I will continue to decant some alcohol into a small jar and dab it on with a flat paintbrush as I much prefer the look achieved with that method and the vellum doesn't curl.


Here's the inside of the card.  I die cut the leaves and snipped the die cut shape apart so I had part of the design for the inside of the card...


...and part of the design for the envelope.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Artistically Inked' & 'Happiest of Birthdays' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black & Basic White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark, SU! Stampin' Blends alcohol ink markers in Dark Flirty Flamingo, Dark Mango Melody & Dark Melon Mambo 
Tools: SU! 'Artistic' & 'Nature's Thoughts' die sets, 'Messages' die, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set, spritzer bottle
Embellishments & Accessories: 99% isopropyl alcohol, SU! white embossing powder, Basic Black shimmer ribbon, clear epoxy droplet, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10