Friday 9 July 2021

Flower & Field Double Wonder Cards

Shannon West from Stampin' Up! came up with the Double Wonder cutting template which uses two 12" x 6" pieces of patterned paper to create eleven cards.  Julie Davison has kindly shared a downloadable template and card ideas on this April 2020 blog post.  Julie has also made a couple more cards using the Double Wonder template on this May 2021 blog post.  Mindful that I would need to tweak measurements to suit UK sized cards I had a play with the template and with minor adjustments I can make 10 cards using the Double Wonder template.  Because I'm cutting slightly differently I just can't make the 11th 'bonus card'.  

I cut my two pieces of 12" x 6" patterned paper at the same time.  Placing the long edge at the top of the trimmer I cut 4 1/2" off and then 4" off so I had pieces measuring 4 1/2" x 6", 4" x 6" and 3 1/2" x 6".  The 4 1/2" x 6" pieces I cut into 1 1/2" x 3" strips. The 4" pieces I cut into strips of 5 5/8" x 1" and discarded the left over pieces.  The 3 1/2" x 6" pieces I cut into 3 1/2" x 2 9/16" pieces and discarded the left over pieces.

I ended up cutting more paper to get better co-ordinating patterns for the designs!  Because I was tweaking and playing I decided to make just one type of each card layout at first to get used to the designs.    I decided to use patterned papers from the SU! 'Flower & Field' DSP pack which was a Sale-A-Bration offering earlier this year. Here are my three card designs.


Here's my card and envelope for Layout #1.  


I've used Blushing Bride CS for the A6 sized card base.  The patterned paper rectangles measure 3" x 1 1/2" and the Shaded Spruce mat layer measures 5" x 3 1/4".  I fussy cut lots of blooms from the pretty floral paper and the sentiment label and blooms are popped up.  I added some coloured jewels to finish off the front.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.


Here's my card and envelope for Layout #2. 


Here's the card.  I've used Just Jade CS for the card base and I scored the front at 1 1/4", folded the flap back and glued it down.  The strips of patterned paper measure 5 5/8" x 1".  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark on Basic Black CS, heat embossed with white embossing powder and cut a flagged banner end.  I used Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo, Just Jade and Basic Black CS for my die cut flower and leaves.  I applied clear Wink of Stella all over the leaf die cut so it's really shimmery.  I added an Opal Rounds gem to the flower centre.


Here's the inside of the card.  The white inside layer measures 5 5/8" x 2 3/4".


Here's the envelope.


Here's the card and envelope for layout #3.


Here's the card.  I've used Rococo Rose CS for the card base, Basic Black CS for the mat layer and Cherry Cobbler CS for the strip.  The two pieces of patterned paper measure 3 1/2" x 2 9/16" and the mat layer measures 5 3/8" x 3 3/4".  I stamped the flower from the 'Pretty Perennials' stamp set in full strength and stamped off once Rococo Rose ink and in full strength Cherry Cobbler ink.  I stamped the flower centre in black ink.  The sentiment label and flowers are all popped up.  I added some red jewels from the Holiday Rhinestones pack to the sentiment label to finish the front.


Here's the inside of the card.  I did some masking using a post-it note to stamp a cluster of flowers in the corner of the white panel.


Here's the envelope.


Now that I've had a try and I've got my measurements sorted out I'm ready to make a full set of 10 Double Wonder cards.  I've chosen my two patterns of paper and I've cut the card bases, the Double Wonder template patterned paper pieces and the mat layers and inside panels.  All I've got to do now is put everything together and add elements, sentiments and embellishments!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Biggest Wish' & 'Pretty Perennials' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Flirty Flamingo, Just Jade, Mango Melody, Rococo Rose, Shaded Spruce & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Flower & Field' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Rococo Rose, VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black 
Tools: SU! 'Tasteful Labels' & 'Perennial Petals' die sets, paper trimmer with scoring blade
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! white embossing powder, clear Wink of Stella, Holiday Rhinestones, Opal Rounds, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10