Saturday 17 July 2021

Two Hello Cards

I've used patterned paper a lot recently to make cards and my craft room needed a good tidy and clear up, I had LOTS of stuff to put away!  Whilst doing that I set aside just a few pieces of CS and patterned paper that I thought were large enough to be used to make cards.  It was then just a case of deciding on layouts and adding in elements.  I made two hello cards to add to my stash.

Here's my first card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I used Flirty Flamingo CS for the card base and Misty Moonlight for the mat layer.  I die cut the Misty Moonlight and 'Pattern Party' paper using Stitched Rectangle dies and layered those together.  Before gluing the layer to the card base I wrapped three lengths of white baker's twine around and glued a separate bow on top with a glue dot.  I stamped the sentiment on Pool Party CS in Misty Moonlight ink and die cut using a small Stitched Rectangle die.  I stamped 'Flowers of Friendship' flowers and leaves using Misty Moonlight ink on Crushed Curry,  Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Poppy Parade CS and punched using the 'Flowers & Leaves' punch.  I popped up the Pool Party rectangle and the flowers.  My final finishing touch for the front was to add Blue Gems to the flower centres.


Here's the inside of the card with stamped and punched flowers and a leaf.  I used a dot die from the old, retired 'Trim Your Stocking' die set to cut Misty Moonlight centres for the flowers.


Here's the envelope with some Flirty Flamingo striped paper from the 'Pattern Party' DSP pack on the flap.


Here's the second card and envelope together.


I've used Pool Party CS for the card base, So Saffron CS for the mat layer and the patterned paper is from the 'Flower & Field' DSP pack.  I used one of the layouts from the Double Wonder template - using a layout makes creating a card much quicker and easier!  I used the strip die from the 'All Dressed Up' die set to cut the Granny Apple Green strip.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and cut the rectangle using a 'Stitched Rectangle' die.  I used dies from the 'Brilliant Wings' die set to cut out the butterfly.  I popped up the rectangle and added three Artistry Blooms sequins to finish the front. 


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.  Adding patterned paper to an envelope flap is such a great way to decorate - and it encourages me to use more patterned paper!



Supplies for floral hello you card:
Stamps: SU! 'Flowers of Friendship' & 'Shaded Summer' sets
CS: SU! Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, Poppy Parade & Basic White
Patterned paper: 'Pattern Party' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Misty Moonlight 
Tools: SU! 'Flowers & Leaves' punch, 'Stitched Rectangles' & 'Trim Your Stocking' die sets
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! white baker's twine, Blue Adhesive Backed Gems, Dimensionals

Supplies for butterfly hello card:

Stamps: SU! 'Artistically Inked' set 
CS: SU! Basic Black, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party, So Saffron & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Flower & Field' DSP pack
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black 
Tools: SU! 'Brilliant Wings', 'Stitched Rectangles' & 'All Dressed Up' die sets 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Artistry Blooms sequins, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10