Friday 16 July 2021

Rainbow Flowers Happy Birthday Card

I came across this SU! Artistically Inked rainbow card a little while ago, loved the idea and just had to make my version.  I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember now where I saw the card - huge thanks to whoever shared and inspired anyway!

Here's my card and envelope together.

 
Here's the card.  I stamped the background image from the SU! 'Artistically Inked' set repeatedly across a piece of Basic White CS using Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Pacific Point and Highland Heather inks to create a rainbow.  I trimmed the panel to size and glued it to the front of my Thick Basic White CS card base.  I cut two strips of Thick Basic White CS, added lines with a black Sharpie marker and popped both strips up on Dimensionals.  I stamped the small flower from the 'Pretty Perennials' set in the same ink colours I used to create my rainbow background  and I stamped small leaves in Granny Apple Green ink.  I stamped a centre on my colourful flowers in black ink, die cut the flowers and leaves and arranged them on the card front, popping up the flowers.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark on Basic Black CS, added white embossing powder and heat embossed  it.  I used a label shape from the 'Messages' die to cut out the sentiment and glued the label to the card front.  I finished off the front by adding a Bumblebee Trinket and a few Gilded Gems.


Here's the inside of the card.  I stamped the background image in Coastal Cabana ink and stamped the sentiment in black ink.  I added a Mango Melody flower and some leaves.

 

I added a sweet Poppy Parade flower and some leaves to decorate the envelope flap.

Such a happy card to create!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Artistically Inked' & 'Pretty Perennials' sets
CS: SU! Basic White (Thick & Regular)
Ink: SU! Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Mango Melody, Pacific Point & Poppy Parade, VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black, black Sharpie marker
Tools: SU! 'Perennial Petals' die set, 'Messages' die
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! white embossing powder, Bumblebee Trinket, Gilded Gems, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10