Saturday 31 July 2021

Alcohol Ink Background Snowflakes Christmas Card

While Lesley and Wendy were with me playing with the alcohol ink background technique I made my own background using a purple, blue and aqua colour scheme.  I left it to one side for a while before deciding on using it with snowflakes to make a Christmas card.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card - it's another Inside Z Fold Aperture card.  I used Highland Heather, Night of Navy and Basic White CS to make the card.  To create the alcohol ink background I scribbled Dark Bermuda Bay, Dark Highland Heather and Dark Night of Navy Stampin' Blends alcohol markers on to an A6 sized piece of vellum and dabbed on 99% isopropyl alcohol using a flat paintbrush.  I taped the vellum to white CS and die cut the stitched rectangle shape.  I die cut two white snowflakes, added Night of Navy circles behind the snowflake centres and popped those up.  I die cut a small white snowflake and glued that to the vellum panel.  I added rhinestone jewels to the snowflake centres.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark on Night of Navy CS, heat embossed with white embossing powder, cut a strip and glued that across the card front.


Here's a closer look at the alcohol ink background.  You can't tell from the photo but the panel has  shimmery drops because I added some Clear Wink of Stella by tapping the pen against my bone folder to spritz shimmer over the panel.


Here's the card fully open.  I cut a second strip of Night of Navy CS and glued it behind the front strip to add stability to the strip going over the aperture.  Basically, this fancy fold is a card with an aperture cut out from the front, a smaller white Z Fold card glued inside and a panel is nestled through the aperture and glued to half of the Z Fold panel.


Here's the inside panel.  I stamped the snowflakes in stamped off once Highland Heather ink and stamped the sentiment over the top in Night of Navy ink.  A strip of alcohol ink background was taped to the bottom.


Here's the envelope with a strip of alcohol ink background and a die cut snowflake flourish.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Frosted Foliage', 'Snowflake Wishes' & 'Snow is Glistening' sets 
CS: SU! Highland Heather, Night of Navy & Basic White
Ink: SU! Highland Heather & Night of Navy, VersaMark, SU! Dark Bermuda Bay, Dark Highland Heather & Dark Night of Navy Stampin' Blends alcohol ink markers
Tools: SU! 'Snowfall' die set, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set, circle punches, flat paintbrush
Embellishments & Accessories: 99% isopropyl alcohol, SU! white embossing powder, Clear Wink of Stella pen, Basic Rhinestone Jewels & Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10