Thursday 5 August 2021

Alcohol Ink Background Ornament Dangly Tent Card

Yes, another alcohol ink background card!  This time I tried traditional Christmassy colours and made a dangly tent card.  Here's the card and envelope together.


I made the card from Old Olive CS and cut a stitched rectangular aperture from the front.  I scribbled Dark Mango Melody, Dark Old Olive and Dark Real Red Stampin' Blends onto a panel of vellum and dabbed on 99% isopropyl alcohol with a flat paintbrush to create the background.  I taped the vellum to a sheet of Basic White CS, cut it to size and glued it to the back of my Old Olive tent card.  Although I'd used a Dark Real Red Stampin' Blend on the background, Real Red CS didn't look quite right so I used Polished Pink as my accent colour.  I die cut the solid ornament in Metallic Gold specialty paper and cut the fancy overlay ornament in Polished Pink.  I then added a gold topper and some gold cord and attached the ornament so it will dangle freely.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder, die cut it with a fishtail flag banner die and glued that in place.  To finish off the front I added some gold Gilded Gems.


Here's a closer look.


Here's a side view so you can see I added a W shaped CS piece which means the tent card will stand up better on display.


Here's the back of the card.  The sentiment stamps come from the SU! 'Peace & Joy' set.  I drew a line from the letter Y with a gold Sharpie, added an ornament, topper and a bow.  A bit busy for just a sentiment panel but at least it's fun!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peace & Joy',& 'Tag Buffet' sets
CS: SU! Old Olive, Polished Pink & Basic White, Gold Metallic specialty paper, vellum
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Polished Pink, VersaMark, Dark Mango Melody, Dark Old Olive & Dark Real Red Stampin' Blends markers , gold Sharpie marker
Tools: SU! 'Delicate Ornament' & 'Mini Treat Bag' die sets, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set, MFT 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die set, SU! 1 3/4" circle punch, flat paintbrush
Embellishments & Accessories: 99% isopropyl alcohol, SU! gold embossing powder, gold cord & Gilded Gems

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10