Friday 13 August 2021

Greenery & Berries Merry Christmas Card

The SU! 'Painted Christmas' patterned paper is just so lovely and I was drawn to the unusual colour of the leaves and pine boughs paper.  It's not overtly Christmassy, more wintry I'd say.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I glued a large panel of the patterned paper onto the Evening Evergreen card base and added a Pear Pizzazz stitched strip (cut using the strap die from the 'All Dressed Up' die set.)  I die cut a large Basic White label using a die from the 'Seasonal Labels' die set and stamped the sentiment in Evening Evergreen ink.  I stamped and die cut the leaves, boughs and berries and arranged them on the label, popping up the berries.  That pop of red from the berries is so eyecatching!  I popped the label up onto the card base and then considered embellishment options!  I have to confess I tend to hoard any fancy embellishments - jewels and gems I use frequently - but the SU! 'Mini Pinecone Embellishments' have languished, neglected in my stash!  I thought two pinecone trinkets attached with a linen thread bow was a lovely finishing touch!


Here's a closer look.


Here's the inside of the card.  The 'Happiest Christmas Wishes' sentiment comes from the retired SU! 'Dashing Deer' set and I wanted to use a label die and have some greenery and berries tucked underneath.  The label die I used was too long for the sentiment but I cut it out full size and then repositioned the shape, nestling the shape into the die where I wanted it to go and cut again so I got the perfect size label!  I added a strip of the pretty paper and a strip of Evening Evergreen CS.


Here's the envelope with more pretty paper and a popped up die cut name label.


Very happy with how this turned out and very happy I have another Christmas card added to the stash!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Season', 'Arrange a Wreath' & 'Dashing Deer' sets
CS: SU! Evening Evergreen, Pear Pizzazz & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Painted Christmas' DSP 
Ink: SU! Evening Evergreen, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red & Soft Succulent
Tools: SU! 'Seasonal Labels', 'All Dressed Up' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! linen thread, Mini Pinecone Embellishments, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10