Monday 31 January 2022

Flowers Of Friendship Bay Window Card

This is the second fancy fold card I made for Lesley and Wendy to make during our crafty day.  I've seen these bay window cards popping up all over and was keen to have a go myself.  I watched this fab video from Lisa Curcio to get the instructions and I then tweaked the measurements slightly to better suit UK A4 sized CS.  This blog post of Lisa's shows several designs of bay window cards - you'll see I CASEd Lisa's Flowers of Friendship card!

Here's the card and envelope together.  I used two patterned papers from the 'Pattern Party' DSP pack, the beautiful yellow floral damask and the pretty rainbow stripes.  Such a nice touch to add patterned paper to the envelope flap!


Here's the card folded flat ready to go in an envelope.  I love a dimensional fancy fold card that folds flat!  I used Stampin' Blends alcohol markers to colour in the flowers and leaves.  I used the matching 'Flowers & Leaves' punch to cut out the small flowers and leaves but I fussy cut the large floral image.  I popped all the images up and added rhinestone jewels to the flower centres and added two of the Brushed Brass Butterflies embellishments to the centre panel.   


Here's a side view.


Here's a front view.


Here's another side view.  The black square is popped up on Dimensionals and the lip of the card flap tucks underneath that so the card can be displayed with the bay window shape.  It's similar to an easel card mechanism where you have a 'stop'.  I placed more rhinestone jewels on the sentiment circle to add extra sparkle.   


Here's the inside of the card.  I used Flirty Flamingo CS for the sentiment rectangle.


Here's a view from the top.


We had a lovely day together and have already scheduled dates in for February, March and April!  It's so easy to arrange get togethers now I'm not working in retail and I don't have to work weekends!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flowers of Friendship' & 'Peaceful Moments' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Pattern Party' DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends Light & Dark alcohol markers
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Shapes' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, circle punch, paper trimmer with scoring blade
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Brushed Brass Butterflies, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10