Wednesday 2 February 2022

Sun, Clouds & Rainbow Card

The SU! 'Brilliant Rainbow' die set from the Jan - June 2022 Mini Catalogue strongly appealed to me and I just had to get it.  I want to send a close friend some happy mail while she goes through some health issues and the dies are perfect for creating bright and happy cards - plus they go really well with other items I have in my stash!

Here is the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  The card base is made from Granny Apple Green CS and I used Pool Party and Basic White CS for the clouds.  I also used some blue 'Supple Shimmer' specialty DSP for a punched cloud - it's a gorgeous sparkly Pool Party colour.  I die cut the rainbow from the Basic White panel, adhered the rainbow striped DSP behind the white panel and glued the whole thing to the card base.  I stamped the sun from the 'Sharing Sunshine' set in Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and Pumpkin Pie inks and popped it up along with the clouds.  I stamped the 'a little sunshine for your day' sentiment from the 'After the Storm' stamp set in Misty Moonlight ink, cut the piece to size and popped the sentiment up.  To finish off the card front I sprinkled on a few Iridescent Rhinestone Jewels which are beautiful!


Here's the inside of the card.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with the Cloud punch, inked the edges with Pool Party ink and glued it to the white panel.  I added a Pool Party cloud border, a small rainbow, a sun and a small cloud at the bottom of the white panel.


Here's the envelope with a sun and a couple of clouds.


This 'Brilliant Rainbow' die set is such a lot of fun to work with and the 'Sunshine & Rainbows' 6" x 6" Sale-A-Bration DSP goes so well with it!  I had the Basic White CS positive rainbow shapes left over from cutting out the shape from the white layer panel. After finishing this card I got inky with those pieces straight away to make a second rainbow card which I'll share next time! 

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'After the Storm' & 'Sharing Sunshine' sets
CS: SU! Granny Apple Green, Pool Party & Basic White 
Patterned paper: SU! 'Sunshine & Rainbows' 6" x 6" DSP, 'Supple Shimmer' Specialty Paper
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Misty Moonlight, Pool Party & Pumpkin Pie 
Tools: SU! 'Basic Borders' & 'Brilliant Rainbow' die setts, 'Cloud' punch, Poppy Stamps ''Fancy Clouds' die set 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10