Saturday 26 February 2022

Masked Floral Cluster Birthday Card & Two Floral Gift Envelopes

The SU! 'Butterflies & Flowers' Layering Decorative Masks really intrigued me when I saw them in the January June 2022 Mini Catalogue and I was eager to try them.  I thought they'd be great to use as a project for Lesley and Wendy too so I made this card for them to make today when they visited me..  Wow, what a fabulous end result when you layer stencils using different ink colours, you achieve a beautiful depth - really impressive!  Here's my card and envelope together.


Dena Rekow from the Creativity Cave has this wonderful 'Cool Techniques with Stencils (Decorative Masks) YouTube video which totally inspired me.  I created my flower cluster first using the masks, blending brushes and Pale Papaya, Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green inks. I trimmed the white panel to size and used a curved die from the 'Basic Borders' die set to add interest to the bottom of the panel.  Although I'd added Flirty Flamingo ink to my masked flowers the CS didn't seem a good match when I came to place the mat layer on the Pale Papaya card base.  I decided to use Calypso Coral CS instead as that was a much better match.  I dry embossed the Coral panel using the mask, added some Granny Apple Green ribbon and glued the panel to the card base.  I popped up the white panel and the sentiment circle.  As a finishing touch I added Calypso Coral 'Artistry Blooms' sequins to the flower centres.


Here's a closer look at the floral cluster - so very pretty!


I used the same technique to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.  I positioned the floral background mask, placed a piece of paper with a torn edge and applied Pale Papaya and Flirty Flamingo inks using blending brushes.  Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.


I treated Lesley and Wendy to a packet of Iridescent Rhinestone Jewels and I wanted to package them nicely.  I made floral envelopes using paper from the 'Flower & Field' DSP pack, added tags made with the 'Tailor Made Tags' die set and tied the envelopes closed with wide Shaded Spruce ribbon.


Here's just one envelope.  The colour combo is Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight and Shaded Spruce along with black and white.


Here's a closer look at the tag.  I used stamps from the SU! 'To a Wild Rose' stamp set for the flowers.  The sentiment comes from the 'Fancy Phrases' set. I added Shaded Spruce Holiday Rhinestone jewels as a finishing touch.



Supplies for birthday card:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Moments' & 'Happiest of Birthdays' sets
CS: SU! Calypso Coral, Pale Papaya & Basic White
Ink: SU! Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green & Pale Papaya
Tools: SU! 'Butterflies & Flowers' Layering Decorative Masks, 'Basic Borders' die set, circle punches, blending brushes
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Granny Apple Green Textured Weave Ribbon, 'Artistry Blooms' sequins, Dimensionals

Supplies for floral envelopes:

Stamps: SU! 'To a Wild Rose' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Misty Moonlight, Seaside Spray & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Flower & Field' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Misty Moonlight, Seaside Spray & Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Tailor Made Tags' die set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! wide Shaded Spruce ribbon, white baker's twine, Holiday Rhinestones & Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10