Sunday 27 February 2022

Bird Best Wishes Diorama/Shadow Box Card

I made this shadow box card last year and Lesley asked me to include it as a project for her and Wendy to make on one of our crafty get togethers.  I decided on a couple of design tweaks for this version of the card, just to mix things up a bit!  Here's the card and envelope together.


I used Just Jade CS for the card base and used the fancy circle die in the 'Birds & More' die set to cut an aperture from the card front.  I used two circle dies to create an Early Espresso CS frame to surround the aperture.  I stamped the 'best wishes' (from the Artistically Inked' stamp set) in Soft Suede ink, cut the label out using the 'Messages' die and I used the same die to cut out a Polished Pink shape to sit behind the white label.  

For the white layer inside the card, I used Soft Suede and Just Jade inks to stamp a background of branches and leaves.  I used three stamps for the bird, stamping first in Daffodil Delight ink, the second stamp was stamped in Soft Suede ink and the third stamp - the wing detail - was also stamped in Soft Suede ink.  I popped up the bird, stamped and die cut several Polished Pink flowers and  popped those up.  A gold Metallic Pearl was placed in the centre of each flower to finish the card front.


Here's a closer look through the aperture.  The Stampin' Up! 'Distinktive' style stamps are amazing, you get such great detail especially on the multi step stamped images!


Here's the back of the card with some Polished Pink flowers stamped on a white panel.


Here's the envelope.  I die cut the leafy border in Just Jade CS and glued a strip of Polished Pink CS next to it.


I have instructions on how to make a shadow box card on my Tutorials page.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! ''Birds & Branches' & 'Artistically Inked' sets
CS: SU! Early Espresso, Just Jade, Polished Pink & Basic White
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Just Jade, Polished Pink & Soft Suede 
Tools: SU! 'Birds & More' die set, 'Messages' die, Nestabilities circle dies
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! gold 'Metallic Pearls', Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10