Monday 12 April 2021

Bird Thank You Diorama/Shadow Box Card

It's been a long time since I've made a shadow box card and Julie Davison made me want to put that right as soon as I came across her lovely card on Pinterest!  I just loved everything about Julie's card and I had to CASE it!  There is this wonderful video on Julie's YouTube channel where she shows how to make her lovely diorama or shadow box card.

Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I've used Mint Macaron CS for the base.  I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink on Sahara Sand CS and die cut a label.  I die cut another label shape from So Saffron CS and I popped up the three flowers I stamped in Flirty Flamingo ink.  For the background panel I stamped branch and leaf images and popped up the stamped and die cut bird.  As a finishing touch I added a silver metallic pearl to each flower centre.


Here's a closer look at the sweet bird inside the aperture.


Here's the back of the card.


Here's the envelope.  The 'Birds & More' die set contains a fancy leafy border die that co-ordinates with the circle die I used as the aperture on the card and I wanted to use it to decorate the envelope.  I cut out the design from the envelope flap and then backed the flap with a piece of Mint Macaron CS that I trimmed to shape.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Birds & Branches' & 'Peaceful Moments' sets
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand, So Saffron & Basic White
Ink: SU! Basic Gray, Flirty Flamingo, Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand, So Saffron & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Birds & More' die set, 'Messages' die, SU! paper trimmer
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Metallic Pearls, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10