Thursday 29 April 2021

Flower & Leaves Alcohol Background Best Wishes Card

The alcohol marker background technique is just addictive, I love the effects you get and it's great fun trying out new colour combos!  I recommend this video by Linda Bedinger and this video by Kelly Acheson if you want to discover and use this technique yourself.  I've used the background on a floral Best Wishes card along with the SU! 'Pretty Perennials' stamp set and 'Perennial Petals' die set.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I've used Dark Night of Navy, Dark Rich Razzleberry and Dark Seaside Spray Stampin' Blends markers with 99% isopropyl alcohol and vellum CS to create the background.  I adhered the vellum to the card front, added narrow strips of Rich Razzleberry CS and stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink.  I used Rich Razzleberry, Seaside Spray and Night of Navy inks to stamp the flowers.  I cut them out with the co-ordinating dies and cut out the leaves from Night of Navy CS.  I popped up the flower and added three Artistry Blooms Rich Razzleberry sequins.


Here's the inside of the card.  After stamping the sentiment on Seaside Spray CS I cut it out with a Stitched Rectangle die.  I stamped the flowers in Seaside Spray ink and added dots to the flower centres with a Dark Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Blends marker.  


Here's the envelope.  I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto Basic White CS and fussy cut it out.  I then glued it to the envelope flap that I'd covered with Blackberry Bliss 'Oh So Ombre' patterned paper.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'A Touch of Ink' & 'Pretty Perennials' sets
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Seaside Spray & Basic White, vellum
Patterned paper: SU! Blackberry Bliss 'Oh So Ombre' DSP
Ink: SU! Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry & Seaside Spray, SU! Dark Night of Navy, Dark Rich Razzleberry & Dark Seaside Spray Stampin' Blends markers 
Tools: SU! 'Perennial Petals' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, flat paintbrush
Embellishments & Accessories: 99% isopropyl alcohol, SU! Artistry Blooms Sequins, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10