Friday 9 April 2021

Butterfly Gable Box - Online Meeting Project

I'd made up kits for three cards for Lesley and Wendy to make during our online meeting but I also gave them supplies for a gable box. I die cut the scallop envelopes and cut the CS strips but left it to the ladies to decide how they wanted to decorate and embellish their boxes.  

This is the box I made up in advance of the meeting.  I stamped my pieces of Pool Party CS with the SU! 'Butterfly Brilliance' stamp using Coastal Cabana ink and then assembled the box.  I stamped the large butterfly with VersaMark ink on Bermuda Bay CS and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I die cut the butterfly and adhered it to a die cut stitched circle.  


Here's a view from the side.  The scalloped envelope gives such pretty detailing to the box!  I glued the butterfly on the body only and then placed Dimensionals under the wings but left the backing paper on so that the wings will stay popped up.


The thing that took the longest on this box was deciding on what to use for a closure.  Man, I faffed about with different bows and ribbons and I just wasn't happy with anything I tried!  In the end I opted to tie a bow from Bermuda Bay mini chevron ribbon and I attached that to an aqua binder clip with a glue dot.  I embellished the centre of the bow with a gold faceted gem.




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Butterfly Brilliance' 
CS: SU! Pool Party, Bermuda Bay & Basic White
Ink: SU! Coastal Cabana, VersaMark 
Tools: SU! 'Brilliant Wings' die, 'Scallop Envelope' die, 'Stitched Shapes' die set & circle punch, X Cut corner rounder punch
Embellishments & Accessories: aqua binder clip, SU! white embossing powder, Bermuda Bay mini chevron ribbon, gold faceted gem, Mini Glue Dot, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10