Thursday 8 April 2021

Masked Butterfly Birthday Card - Online Meeting Project

I made this card a little while ago, based on a design by Julie Davison.  I love this card design and I decided to include it as part of the projects for my online meeting with Lesley and Wendy.  This time instead of purple I opted for Rococo Rose.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I stamped the butterflies in Rococo Rose ink, laid the mask over the top and applied Blushing Bride ink to the butterflies using a blender brush.  I added Wink of Stella over the top because it's never wrong for butterflies to have sparkle, right?!  I zigzagged a piece of  Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim and popped the sentiment label up on Dimensionals.  I embellished with three Rococo Rose pearls from the Pastel Pearls pack.


A closer look at the Wink of Stella sparkle.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope with Rococo Rose 'Oh So Ombre' DSP covering the flap with an oval butterfly element.


On the day of the meeting I opted to make the card in aqua tones instead of pink.  I stamped the butterflies in Bermuda Bay ink and coloured them with Pool Party ink.  I stamped Best Wishes in Early Espresso ink on a Pool Party label and embellished with Glitter Enamel Dots.  I can see I used a longer zigzag of ribbon on the aqua card!  Here are my two cards together.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Butterfly Brilliance' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets, 'Best Wishes' from SU! 'Arrange a Wreath' set
CS: SU! Rococo Rose, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Oh So Ombre' DSP pack, 'Natural Touch' Specialty Paper
Ink: SU! Rococo Rose, Blushing Bride, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party & Early Espresso 
Tools: SU! 'Brilliant Wings', 'Stitched Nested Labels', 'Stitched Rectangles' & 'Stitched Shapes' die sets, ink blending brushes
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim, Pastel Pearls, Glitter Enamel Dots, clear Wink of Stella pen,  Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10