Wednesday 7 April 2021

Poppy Vertical Easel Birthday Card - Online Meeting Project

Recently vertical easel cards seem to be popping up everywhere and I watched Barb Mullikin make one on her fab YouTube video HERE.  I love easel cards anyway, well, I love any fancy fold card that's easy to make - and I thought this was a fun twist on an old favourite.  I reckoned this was an ideal project for the online meeting with Lesley and Wendy.  Here's the card and envelope together.


I used pretty poppy paper from the SU! 'Peaceful Poppies' DSP pack and dies from the 'Poppy Moments' die set.  I used Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow and Basic Black CS to make the poppy and leaves.  I adhered the leaves behind the flower and popped the poppy up on the Pool Party CS square.  The sentiment square is popped up as that acts as the stop for the easel.


Here's another view of the card.


There's a secret mechanism that makes this card work - two punched circles, scored in half and glued either side of the score line.  The square is glued to these half circles which enables the panel to float.


Here's another view of the card.


Here's the inside panel.


Here's the envelope.


On the day I made the card the same as before, I just used a different paper from the ' Peaceful Poppies' DSP pack and used Purple Posy CS instead of Pool Party CS.  Here are the two cards together.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Moments' set
CS: SU! Basic Black, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Pool Party, Purple Posy, Rich Razzleberry & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Peaceful Poppies' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry 
Tools: SU! 'Poppy Moments' & 'Layering Squares' die sets, 1 1/2" circle punch, paper trimmer 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10