Tuesday 27 April 2021

Flowers & Bees Shadow Box/Diorama B.Day Card

On Monday it was my sweet friend Lesley's birthday and I know she likes shadow box cards and bees so I made a floral shadow box card featuring bees!  There were a few bee themed items included in her birthday gift too!  I wanted a gift bag to place the gifts in and I bought a really pretty floral bag.  When I came to make Lesley's card I took inspiration from the bag to select my colours.  Here's the gift bag.


Here's the shadow box card and envelope.


Here's the card sized to fit in a 6" square card sized envelope.  I used SU! 'Polished Pink' CS to create the card base.  What a beautiful and happy colour!  The gift bag had some gold foil detailing so I added some gold foil accents and some SU! Gilded Gems embellishments on the flower centres.  I stamped the bees in Soft Suede ink, added the body with Mango Melody ink and used clear Wink of Stella to give the bees shimmery wings.  I got busy stamping flowers, leaves and bees and then came the fussy cutting.  I've used the old, retired SU! 'Garden in Bloom' stamp set so there are no matching dies - but then I enjoy fussy cutting now and then!  

I stamped the flower outlines in Soft Suede ink and stamped the solid colours using Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Polished Pink and stamped off once Pretty Peacock inks.  I stamped the flower centres in Granny Apple Green ink.  I stamped the leaf outlines in Soft Suede ink and the inside colour is Granny Apple Green.  I glued a panel of Granny Apple Green 'Oh So Ombre' patterned paper to the back portion of the card and then added the flowers, leaves and bees - some of the elements are popped up.


Here's a closer look.  As I was including bees I thought it would be fun to use hexagon dies to create the aperture and frame as a nod to honeycomb.  I also added some gold foil honeycomb accents cut from a die in the SU! 'Detailed Bee' die set.


Here's the back of the card with more flower, leaf and bee stamping and a sentiment stamped in Pretty Peacock ink.


Here's the back of the envelope.  


Here's the front of the envelope with a popped up name label element.  I do love adding a name label to the front of the envelope as a finishing touch!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Garden in Bloom' '& 'Happiest of Birthdays' sets
CS: SU! Coastal Cabana, Polished Pink & Basic White, Gold Brushed Metallic Foil Sheet
Ink: SU! Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody, Polished Pink, Pretty Peacock & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Detailed Bee' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, 'Messages' die, paper trimmer, Sizzix 'Hexagons' die set, Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-its #2' die set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! clear Wink of Stella, Gilded Gems, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10