Friday 23 April 2021

Flower & Leaves Alcohol Background Thank You Card

Yet another alcohol ink background card, you can tell I am loving this technique!  I recommend this video by Linda Bedinger and this video by Kelly Acheson if you want to discover and use this technique yourself.  I gave butterflies a rest and went for a floral and foliage theme instead.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I used Dark Flirty Flamingo, Dark Mango Melody and Dark Melon Mambo Stampin' Blends markers with 99% isopropyl alcohol to create the background.  I attached the vellum to a piece of Basic White CS with a piece of double sided tape in the centre, then added a silver brad to each corner and mounted the whole panel to a Melon Mambo card base.  I die cut the flower in three pieces using Melon Mambo, Mango Melody and Flirty Flamingo CS and attached the three layers together with a silver brad.  I die cut the leaves from silver foil CS, adhered that piece and popped the flower up over the top.  I tucked the sentiment label underneath the flower.


Here's the inside of the card.  I only had a small strip of vellum left over and I adhered that to the bottom of my white insert layer.


Here's the envelope with a stamped flower.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Pretty Perennials' & 'Sweet Strawberry' sets
CS: SU! Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Melon Mambo & Basic White, vellum, silver foil sheet
Ink: SU! Mango Melody, Melon Mambo & Magenta Madness, Dark Flirty Flamingo, Dark Mango Melody & Dark Melon Mambo Stampin' Blends markers
Tools: SU! 'Perennial Petals' die set, paper piercer & piercing mat, flat paintbrush
Embellishments & Accessories: 99% isopropyl alcohol, silver brads, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10