Thursday 22 April 2021

Butterflies Thanks Inside Z Fold Aperture Card

Today I'm sharing my second Inside Z Fold Aperture Card.  I stuck with pink and black but swapped to Melon Mambo instead of Blushing Bride CS.  I stuck with a butterfly theme too because a butterfly card is always a good choice!

Here's the card and envelope together.  This is another alcohol ink background card.  I recommend this video by Linda Bedinger and this video by Kelly Acheson if you want to discover and use this technique yourself.


Here's the card.  The 'thanks' is cut using a die from the SU! 'Well Written' die set and the outline butterflies are from the 'Brilliant Wings' die set.  I added three Matte Black Dots as a finishing touch.


Here's a closer look at the alcohol background.  I've used Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Flirty Flamingo and Dark Melon Mambo Stampin' Blends markers and 99% isopropyl alcohol dabbed onto vellum CS to create the background.  I adhered the vellum to a piece of Basic White CS and die cut the panel using a die from the SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' die set.


Here's the inside of the card with a strip of the vellum.  I also cut a solid butterfly from the vellum and added a black detailed butterfly over the top.  I stamped the sentiment onto Melon Mambo CS and cut it out with a 'Stitched So Sweetly' die.


Here's the envelope.  After adhering the strip of vellum I drew black lines using a Sharpie marker and added a die cut butterfly.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'So Sentimental' set
CS: SU! Basic Black, Melon Mambo & Basic White, vellum
Ink: SU! Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Flirty Flamingo & Dark Melon Mambo Stampin' Blends markers, VersaFine Onyx Black, black Sharpie marker
Tools: SU! 'Brilliant Wings', 'Well Written' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set, flat paintbrush
Embellishments & Accessories: 99% isopropyl alcohol, SU! Matte Black Dots

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10