Sunday 11 April 2021

Feather Thanks Impossible Card

Another fancy fold card - this time an impossible card - that I saw on this fab YouTube video made by Julie Davison.  I've received plenty of inspiration from Julie recently!  I hadn't seen one of these cards before and it looked interesting so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Here's the card and envelope together.  I made the card for my husband Owen to thank him for my birthday gifts.  As the card was hand delivered I made a pouch envelope from patterned paper.


Here's the card made from a quarter sheet of Night of Navy A4 CS.  One score, three cuts and a twist and the card base is made.  I've used four pieces of patterned paper from the SU! 'In Good Taste' DSP pack to decorate the impossible card base.  In Julie's video she cuts her patterned paper pieces differently.  I did try to work out measurements for my A6 sized card base to do it the same way as Julie but I came to grief so decided to cut four pieces! 

I've used the SU! 'Tasteful Touches' stamp set and the 'Tasteful Labels' die set, both of which were part of my birthday gift from Owen.  I stamped the 'thanks' (from the 'Simple Succulents' set) in Night of Navy ink on some patterned paper from the 'In Good Taste' DSP pack and cut it out with a label die.  I randomly stamped the feather over the label in stamped off once Night of Navy ink and inked the edges of the label in navy ink using a sponge dauber.  I glued the stamped label to a larger Smoky Slate die cut label and popped that up on the card base.  I rounded the corners of the main panel and popped up a feather that I'd stamped in Night of Navy ink and fussy cut.  I cut a 1 1/8" strip of Night of Navy CS to act as a stabilising strip for the impossible card.  I cut a 1" strip of patterned paper, stamped the squares pattern a few times using stamped off once Night of Navy ink, inked the edges, glued the paper strip to the CS strip and adhered the whole strip in place.  I added some long hoarded, but never used, 'Urban Underground' metal embellishments to finish the front.


Here's a different view.


And a side view.


Here's the back of the card where I added a panel of patterned paper layered onto a mat of Smoky Slate CS as a place to write my message.


Here's the pouch envelope.  I've used two dies from the 'Tasteful Labels' die set to make a name label element.  I just love how that patterned paper really looks like fabric!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Tasteful Touches' & 'Simply Succulents' sets
CS: SU! Night of Navy & Smoky Slate
Patterned paper: SU! 'In Good Taste' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Night of Navy 
Tools: SU! 'Tasteful Labels' die set, SU! paper trimmer, SU! 3/4" circle punch, X Cut corner rounder punch, sponge dauber 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! 'Urban Underground' metal embellishments, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10