Tuesday 6 April 2021

Berries Birthday Card - Online Meeting Project

This is one of the cards I designed for Lesley and Wendy to make during our online crafty meeting.  The beautiful SU! 'Berry Delightful' patterned paper gave me such a bright and cheerful colour combo to work with and the paper does all the work on this card.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I cut 1 1/2" off the panel of patterned paper, flipped it to the other side and glued both pieces to a Real Red stitched rectangle die cut shape.  I cut a strip of Pacific Point CS using a die from the SU! 'Suit & Tie' die set, glued that in place and glued the Real Red panel to a white A6 card base.  I stamped the sentiment in Real Red ink on Balmy Blue CS, cut it out with a 'Stitched So Sweetly' die, popped the shape up and added three Real Red Rhinestone Jewels.


Here's the inside of the card with more pretty paper and a punny sentiment.


Here's the envelope with the green plaid design of the paper covering the flap.


I've made the cards in advance of the online meeting and I've made up card kits for Lesley and Wendy.  I make card kits up for myself as well so that on the day of the meeting I can create at the same time as the two lovely ladies.  I change up my cards though - using a different patterned paper here or a different colour there. For the card I made on the day of the meeting I went for blueberries paper and a Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green and Balmy Blue colour combo.   Here are both cards I made.


We've had two online meetings so far and they seem to be working really well, we've planned another one for next month anyway!  I wasn't sure how it would go and I'm really happy it's a success!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Sweet Strawberry' & 'Berry Blessings' sets
CS: SU! Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point, Real Red & Basic White thick
Patterned paper: SU! 'Berry Delightful' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Real Red & Night of Navy 
Tools: SU! 'Stitched So Sweetly' & 'Suit & Tie' die sets, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested' die set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Real Red & Holiday Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10