Wednesday 21 April 2021

Butterfly Thank You Inside Z Fold Aperture Card

I received a lovely birthday card from a friend that was a fancy fold that I'd never come across before and I just had to make my own version.  I liked it so much I actually made two cards!

Here's the card and envelope together.  This is another alcohol background card, I just love the effects you achieve with this technique!  I recommend this video by Linda Bedinger and this video by Kelly Acheson if you want to discover and use this technique yourself.


Here's the card with a Blushing Bride and Basic Black colour combo.  I've added a black frame around the aperture.


Here's another view of the card.  I'm not sure what you'd call this fancy fold but there's an aperture cut out from the front of the card, a Z fold panel inside and a focal image panel is adhered to the Z fold that nestles inside the aperture.  An Inside Z Fold Aperture Card is what I've settled on to call this fancy fold!


Here's a closer look at the main focal image panel.  I scribbled Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Flirty Flamingo and Dark Melon Mambo Stampin' Blends markers on a piece of vellum and dabbed on 99% isopropyl alcohol to make the background.  I've adhered the vellum background piece to a Basic White CS panel and cut it out with a Stitched Rectangle die.  I stamped the Thank you in VersaFine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I added a die cut butterfly and three Matte Black Dots.


Here's a view of the card fully open.


Here's the inside panel.  I had enough of the alcohol background panel left over to cut a strip for inside and to cut out a solid butterfly.  This technique is wonderful for butterflies!  I added a black outline die cut butterfly over the top.  I stamped the sentiment on a piece of Blushing Bride CS and die cut it with a die from the SU! 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set.


Here's the envelope with another strip of the alcohol background vellum and a black outline die cut butterfly.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Sweet Strawberry' & 'So Sentimental' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Blushing Bride & Basic White, vellum
Ink: SU! Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark Flirty Flamingo & Dark Melon Mambo Stampin' Blends markers, VersaFine Onyx Black 
Tools: SU! 'Brilliant Wings' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set,  heat tool, flat paintbrush
Embellishments & Accessories: 99% isopropyl alcohol, SU! clear embossing powder, Matte Black Dots

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10