Sunday 28 March 2021

Purple Butterflies Birthday Wishes Card

Honestly, the SU! Butterfly Bouquet collection of products is just amazing, I love everything about it!  I know I love butterflies anyway so it was an easy sell to me but everything has been so well designed.  It is a total pleasure to create with these gorgeous products!

Julie Davison made a lovely masked butterflies card - shown on her blog HERE.  Julie has provided instructions on her blog post and there is also a YouTube video linked in the post.  I loved the technique and decided to CASE Julie's card.  I opted for a purple colour combo though.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I stamped the butterflies in Highland Heather ink, masked the butterflies and applied Highland Heather ink using a blending brush.  I added a strip of the Natural Touch Specialty Paper and glued the panel to the front of a Gorgeous Grape card base.  I zigzagged some Gorgeous Grape sheer ribbon and popped up the sentiment label.  I finished off by adding a few Opal Rounds.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the back of the envelope.


Having put an address label on the front of the envelope for my last card I couldn't resist doing it again!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Butterfly Brilliance' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Gorgeous Grape, Purple Posy & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Natural Touch' Specialty Paper
Ink: SU! Highland Heather
Tools: SU! 'Brilliant Wings', 'Stitched Nested Labels' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, blending brush
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Gorgeous Grape sheer ribbon, Opal Rounds, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10