Saturday 13 March 2021

Two Butterfly Pop & Flip Cards

Dawn Griffiths shared this YouTube video showing how to make a butterfly pop and flip card and I just loved it!  I do love a fancy fold that is easy to make!  I had a crafty afternoon online making projects with two special friends on Saturday and this is one of the cards they made.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  The whole suite of the SU! butterfly collection is just amazing, everything is absolutely gorgeous and it's so easy to work with!  I'm so delighted to have these beautiful products in my stash!


Here's the card open on display.  I've made pop up cards before but the added flip element is a lovely touch.


Here's a side view showing the pop and flip mechanism.


I decorated the envelope very simply with a strip of the patterned paper from the 'Butterfly Bijou' DSP pack.


I had made the cards in advance and made up kits for the two ladies so they had all the stuff they needed - apart from stamps and ink - to make the cards.  We crafted together, all three of us made the cards at the same time.  It was the first time I'd crafted online with other people and I wasn't sure how it would go but it was brilliant!  We had a really great time and we plan to do it again! 

I opted to make the cards in a different colour on the day.  Here's the same card using Magenta Madness.


 I used a butterfly cut from a piece of 'Butterfly Bijou' DSP for this card.


I added Wink of Stella to the wings for some gorgeous shimmer.


I made this card as a birthday card.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Love of Leaves' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets, Clearly Besotted 'Message Me' set
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Magenta Madness & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Butterfly Bijou' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay, Magenta Madness, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Brilliant Wings' & 'Stitched Shapes' die sets, paper trimmer
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Wink of Stella pen, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10