Tuesday 16 March 2021

Two Sleeve Handle Boxes

Julie Davison has provided quite a bit of inspiration for me lately and I loved these sweet little boxes she shared on this video.  Julie's blog post with a template can be found HERE. They're so easy to make and a bit different I think!  For the box, cut CS 5 1/2" x 7" and on the short side score at 1" and 4 1/2". Turn and score at 3" and 4".  To make the sleeve, cut patterned paper 2 1/2" x 12" and score at 5 1/2" and 6".  Use a punch to cut out a handle - a circle or oval punch is ideal.

I didn't plan on including one of these boxes in the online crafty session so I didn't make up kits but as I knew my friends would have CS and patterned paper I figured we could make one of them on the day if we had time.  

This is the box I made up in advance.  I used the SU! 'Paper Blooms' DSP with Night of Navy CS and dies from the 'Brilliant Wings' die set to make a butterfly shaped tag.


Here's a side view.


The patterned paper sleeve just slides over the box - an ingenious idea!  Here are the two separate pieces.


Here's a closer look at the butterfly tag.  I layered a Night of Navy fancy butterfly over a Seaside Spray solid butterfly, punched a hole and tied the tag to the handle with some Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon and some silver cord.  That grosgrain ribbon has been in my stash for many years!


On the day we had time to make a box so all three of us rummaged in our stashes and chose CS and patterned papers to make our boxes.  This time I used SU! Granny Apple Green CS with 'Berry Delightful' DSP to make the box.  I used Poppy Parade and Basic White CS with two dies from the 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set to make a tag.  I punched out a strawberry from a piece of the patterned paper and stamped and punched a top for my strawberry.  I punched a hole and tied the tag on with white baker's twine.  I stamped the sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink, popped up the strawberry, popped up the white die cut shape and added green Glitter Enamel Dots.


Here's a closer look at the tag.


As a little gift from me I sent my two friends a couple of choccy treats packaged in a patterned paper wrap with ribbon and a tag.  


Here's a closer look at a tag.


As I'd never crafted online in this way before I didn't know what to expect and how successful - or not -it would be.  I'm delighted to say it went really well!  What a lovely afternoon we had, of course it wasn't the same as getting together in person but we have to adapt in these times of Covid 19.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and plan to do it again soon!

Supplies for sleeve handle boxes:
Stamps: SU! 'Sweet Strawberry' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Granny Apple Green, Poppy Parade & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Paper Blooms' & 'Berry Delightful' DSP packs
Ink: SU! Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Brilliant Wings' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets, 'Strawberry' builder punch & 1 1/2" circle punch, paper trimmer, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, white baker's twine, silver cord, Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

Supplies for treat wraps:
Stamps: SU! 'Fancy Phrases' set
CS: SU! Basic Black & Flirty Flamingo
Patterned paper: SU! 'Flower & Field' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Flirty Flamingo, Memento Tuxedo Black 
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Shapes' die set, circle punch, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! white organdy ribbon, white baker's twine 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10