Monday 15 March 2021

Two Daisy Flap Fold Cards

The third card I made for my friends to make on our online crafty session was a flap fold card.  I got the idea from watching this fab video from Julie Davison.  Another fancy fold card that's easy to make!  

As Julie is in the USA I adapted the measurements to better suit a UK A6 sized card.  Also, Julie used a 2 1/4" circle punch to cut out her circle on the card base but as I didn't have that size I used a 2" circle punch on my card.  I cut an A4 piece of CS in half lengthways, cut it to 11" and scored at 2 1/2" and 7 1/2".  That meant my card fitted into a C6 envelope.  I'm waiting for the 2 1/4" circle punch and when that arrives I may have to tweak the measurements if I use that size circle punch!


The gorgeous patterned paper is from the SU! 'Flower & Field' DSP pack which was a 2021 Sale-A-Bration offering.  I took colours from the paper to select my colour combo of Shaded Spruce, Pool Party, Blushing Bride and black.  I used 2", 1 3/4" and 1 1/2" circle punches plus the Medium Daisy punch on this card.  I punched 3 daisies, offset them, glued them together and edged the petals with Blushing Bride ink applied with a sponge dauber.  I placed a Perennial Essence Floral Centre embellishment in the middle of my daisy.  The 1 1/2" sentiment circle has Dimensionals placed just on the bottom half so that the flap can tuck behind the top of the circle.  I embellished the sentiment circle with three clear rhinestone jewels.


Here's the card fully open.


Here's a closer look at the sentiment panel inside.


Here's the envelope.


On the day I used different patterned paper from the SU! 'Flower & Field' DSP pack and my colour combo for this card is Flirty Flamingo, Bumblebee and black.


Here's the card.  I punched four 5/8" circles, glued them together and used that as my flower centre.  I edged the petals of the Bumblebee daisy with Mango Melody ink applied with a sponge dauber.  I embellished the sentiment circle with a cute ladybird embellishment.


Here's a closer look at the ladybird on the sentiment circle.



The card fully opened.


A closer look at the panel inside.  I originally stamped the sentiment in Flirty Flamingo ink, decided black would have been better and so I stamped in black on a scrap of Basic White CS, die cut a stitched rectangle and glued that over the top.


Lastly, here's the envelope for this card.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Fancy Phrases' & 'Peaceful Moments' sets
CS: SU!  Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Bumblebee, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Shaded Spruce & Basic White
Ink: SU! Blushing Bride & Mango Melody, Memento Tuxedo Black 
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' die set, 'Suit & Tie' die set (for stitched strip), SU! Medium Daisy, 2", 1 3/4" & 1 1/2" circle punches, paper trimmer, X Cut 5/8" circle punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Perennial Essence Floral Centre, Ladybug Trinkets, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10