Tuesday 30 March 2021

Floral Card & Matching Gable Box

I keep fancy fold instructions, examples and templates in a box and over the years I've been topping the box up and it's got rather full.  I decided to go through the whole box, right to the bottom and have a clear out.  Goodness me, I found some stuff lurking at the bottom that's been there for years!  I came across instructions to make a gable box using the old, long retired SU! Scallop Envelope die - which I still have.  They were rather sketchy instructions, not entirely complete.  I came across the box back in 2012 through Pauline's blog post HERE.  The link is still active so I revisited Pauline's post and made an example to go in my templates box and I just had to make an actual box too!  After finishing the box I felt I needed to make a matching card. 

Here's the card, envelope and box together.


Here's the gable box.  To make it you join together two die cut scallop envelopes and two strips of CS,  punch holes for handles and adhere together.  It's easy and makes a really attractive gift box I think.  I stamped the beautiful floral image repeatedly over my pieces using Highland Heather ink, rounded the top corners of the handle strips and punched circles for the handle. I used stamped off once Highland Heather ink to stamp a background for the sentiment label and stamped the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape ink.  I punched three Gorgeous Grape flowers from the 'Strawberry' builder punch, snipped between the petals and shaped them for dimension, glued them in place and added a purple Pastel Pearl to the centre of each flower.  I used dies from the SU! 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set to make the tag.  I popped up the Purple Posy label onto the Gorgeous Grape label and tied it to the box with SU! purple tricolor ribbon.  I popped a cellophane bag containing Cadbury Mini Eggs inside the box.


Here's a side view where you can see the scallop envelope shape.


Here's a back view showing the punched out circle handles.  


Here's a closer look at the tag.


After finishing the box I decided to give it to a friend who is going through an anxious time because of health concerns.  I wanted to accompany the box with a card with a positive message and the one I used from the 'Positive Thoughts' set is perfect.  I tied in all the elements I'd used on the box to make the card.  


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.  I've used die cut shapes from the 'Messages' die to create the name label.  I popped up the Purple Posy shape.


A couple of days after I'd made these the SU! retiring list came out and I was shocked to see that 'Fancy Phrases' is on the list, that's the bad news!  The good news is that the card and box were very well received!  SU! may be retiring the set but it will be kept in my stash, that's for sure!  

Supplies:
Stamps: SU!  'Fancy Phrases' & 'Positive Thoughts' sets
CS: SU! Gorgeous Grape & Purple Posy 
Ink: SU! Gorgeous Grape & Highland Heather 
Tools: SU! 'Scallop Envelope' die, 'Messages' die, 'Stitched So Sweetly' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, 'Strawberry' builder punch, 1 1/2" circle punch, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & Accessories: cello bag, SU! purple Tricolor Ribbon, Pastel Pearls, Dimensionals 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10