Monday 14 February 2022

Sending You Sunshine Card

Well, a card with a cheery, smiley sunshine is guaranteed to brighten someone's day I reckon!  I made a thanks card like this a while ago but gave it away before I took photos.  I liked making the card so much I decided to create another 'just because' type card using the same colours and layout.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I cut cloud borders at the top and bottom of a strip of Basic White CS, stamped the sentiment, glued some Calypso Coral gingham paper to a mat layer of Basic Black CS, glued the cloud border to the mat layer and then glued the whole thing to a Daffodil Delight card base.  I used sponge daubers to apply ink to the edges of the clouds and sun pieces and I popped up the clouds


Here's a close up of the sunshine, it's very shimmery in real life as it's liberally covered with Wink of Stella. I popped up the sun face onto a Mango Melody CS circle, glued that to the outer sun circle and popped that up.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope decorated with that oh, so cheerful gingham paper!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Sending Sunshine' & 'Sharing Sunshine' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody & Basic White
Patterned paper: Calypso Coral gingham paper from a retired 'Subtles' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Smoky Slate, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Basic Borders' die set, circle punches, Memory Box 'Puffy Clouds' & Poppy Stamps 'Fancy Clouds' die sets, sponge daubers
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! clear Wink of Stella pen, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10