Monday 18 October 2010

Flower Trio Just For You - Craft For Life Campaign Card

It's been a while since I made a card for the Craft for Life campaign so I remedied that today.  I wanted to try out a colour combo including turquoise.  It's our friend Gill's birthday this week and her fave colour is turquoise.  I always try to incorporate it into cards I make for her but I'm running out of tried and tested colour combos!  I went for a bold pairing with eggplant and some white and a touch of celery.

I embossed the white oval with the Victorian Fleur embossing folder.  I stamped off the flowers twice first and then rock and rolled.  I've shaped the flowers with a DEET and an embossing stylus.  The leaves are punched shapes.  To finish off, I added turquoise gems to the flower centres.  I must say I quite like this colour combo!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue set, Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It With Style set
CS: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, & Certainly Celery
Ink: SU! Tempting Turquoise & Elegant Eggplant
Tools:  PaperMania Victorian Fleur embossing folder, Nellie's Multi Frame Oval MFD013 die, Woodware leafy punch, DEET, embossing stylus, moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Kaiser turquoise gems


Photobucket

2 comments:

Michelle Short said...

You're card is really pretty Ruth, I love the colours, so beautiful as are the flowers. I hope you are well! xx

Zoe said...

Gorgeous, love the colours x

01 09 10