Friday 15 October 2010

Winter White Out Snowman - F4A34

I fancied doing a challenge today to get the mojo flowing.  Today's Free For All challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is Winter White Out! where we have to make a winter project without using white - extra brownie fun points if you don't use purple or blue.  I like using my Inkadinkado retro snowman stamp with red and brown so that's what I went with.

The card is made with two Labels Eight Nestie dies cut from Chocolate Chip CS.  I don't know why I've not used these shape Nesties to make a card before, the finished card is a bit smaller than A6 but it's still a good size I think.  I see more of them in my future! 

I've used a deep red Bazzill CS as my accent colour, it's showing up lighter in the photo.  The snowman is stamped in Pearlescent Chocolate ink so there is a very subtle shimmer to him.  I lightly distressed the Crumb Cake and red panels with my edge distresser tool.  The large snowflake is a die cut and then I added smaller punched red snowflakes.  To finish off the card front, I added a red button threaded with linen thread to the large snowflake.


This photo shows the sentiment panel I placed inside the card:


Supplies:
Stamps: Snowman from Inkadinkado Holiday Sentiments clear set, Penny Black Joyous Season

CS: SU! Chocolate Chip & Crumb Cake, Bazzill Pomegranate
Ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate
Tools: Labels Eight Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Snowflakes #15 die, X Cut mini snowflake punch, Tim Holtz distressing tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! linen thread, red button, glue dots

Photobucket

3 comments:

Zoe said...

Gorgeous card, Love the image! I really love these colours for Christmas cards x

Curt in Indy said...

I really love the vintage feel of this card. Love these colors together. Nice job! Best, Curt

Pauline said...

Lovely and cosy, chocolate snowmen are a xmas fave in this house! Love the inside too.

01 09 10