Wednesday 27 October 2010

Flowery 50th Birthday Card For Gill

This is the card I made for our special friend Gill's 50th birthday.  One of Gill's favourite colours is turquoise and she loves pretty, flowery, girly things.  The SU! Vintage Vogue set is one of my all time favourite stamp sets, it's a complete joy to use and is perfect for girly birthday cards.

The card measures approx. 5 3/4" square.  I stamped the Vintage Vogue flourish - I LOVE this stamp! - as a background in Turquoise ink.  The patterned paper is from the Cottage Wall DSP pack.  I stamped the flourish several times in Celery ink on the white panel.  I stamped the flowers using Turquoise and Eggplant inks - I stamped off twice and then I rock and rolled so I got a nice colour variation.  I've used a DEET and an embossing stylus to add shaping and dimension to the flowers.  Of course, I had to put a 50 on the card!  That was made with QuicKutz dies and circle punches and it's popped up.  I finished the card front by  adding turquoise gems to the flower centres and patterned paper panel.


Then I decorated the inside of the card using Nestie circle dies and more stamping.



The last thing was to decorate the envelope.  I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig so I could stamp the flourish in a continuous line.  I used markers to colour the 'Friends' stamp and I added another pretty flower.  I must say I was really happy how this card and envelope turned out!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue & Sincere Salutations sets, inside sentiment by Hero Arts
CS: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery & Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Square, circle and rectangle Nestabilities dies, circle punches, Katie Skinni Mini QuicKutz alphabet dies, DEET, embossing stylus, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Kaiser turquoise gems, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is my first visit to your blog-love your work-I am now a follower-especially liked the punched snowman & the season of joy poinsettia's card

Michelle Short said...

I LOVE those flowers and the colours you have used Ruth, beautiful! I hope you are well xx

01 09 10