Thursday 14 October 2010

BRAK Birdie Birthday Cards

I needed to send a few birthday RAK cards this month.  They all had to go to the USA and I wanted them to be fairly flat for ease of posting.  I've been having a stressful time over the last few days, my camera problems are still not over for one thing, so I decided to make things easy for myself and CASE a card from page 16 of the new UK SU! catty.  I liked how it turned out so I made 3 of them altogether, one pink and two apricot, all A6 size.

I dug out my very neglected 12" x 12" Soft Subtles textured CS for these cards.  I've had the pack for ages and hardly used it.  I only have a small Pretty in Pink ink pad and it's dry so for my tone on tone stamping on the pink card I used a VersaMark pad.  I used Apricot Appeal ink for the tonal stamping on the other cards.  I made the pink card first and then made the apricot cards slightly differently - I  used my Eyelet Border punch on the Crumb Cake panel and a different sentiment.  The birds are popped up with thin 3d foam tape and I added gems for the eyes.






Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue, Wow Flowers & Sincere Salutations sets
CS: SU! textured Pretty in Pink & Apricot Appeal,SU! Crumb Cake, Old Olive & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Old Olive & Apricot Appeal
Tools: SU! Two-Step Bird punch, SU! Eyelet Border punch, SU! Mat Pack, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: Anita's gem wheel, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Very pretty cards Ruth. Wow! Apricot Appeal!! Bring your PiP ink pad on Tuesday and I'll juice it up for you.

Zoe said...

These are both really lovely x

01 09 10