Monday 27 July 2009

Dare to Get Dirty - Snowman Joyous Christmas

This card was made for the Dare to Get Dirty Paper Tole challenge. The Paper Tole technique involves stamping parts of the image more than once, cutting them out and popping those parts up so you get dimension.

I {{{{heart}}}} this snowman stamp muchly! He's guaranteed to raise a smile I think! I always sign my blog posts with signatures that were made for me a few years ago by a bunch of talented gals on the eBay Community forums, the Pink Devils. Su made me a signature with this snowman included and I recognised the style as Penny Black but I never came across the stamp in a shop or online - until I visited Dick Robinson's HMStamps website. I emailed him and he told me the stamp was retired but that he might be able to get it for me. I did a happy dance around the room when he said he had actually got the stamp for me LOL!

I coloured him using Coloursoft pencils and Zest-It and added Stickles to the holly berries, nose and star. The hat, scarf and star are all popped up with 3d foam pads.

The snowflake strip at the bottom is grosgrain ribbon which was a gift from the sweet Michelle at the Card Grotto.




Supplies:
Stamps: Brush Snowman by Penny Black, sentiment from Hero Arts
CS: White CS, SU! Basic Black
Ink: Black StazOn for the snowman, VersaFine Onyx Black for the sentiment
Tools: Derwent Coloursoft pencils, Zest-It natural solvent, stumps, Woodware small snowflake punch
Embellishments & accessories: Xmas Red, Orange Peel and Yellow Stickles, snowflake grosgrain ribbon, clear Swarovski crystal


I know it's a bit early for snowy images but here is the signature Su from the Pink Devils made for me.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is awesome Ruth. I heart snowmen too. I just can't get enough of them. I think I need to move to a climate where a snowman is in style all year.. Love this. I have ordered from Dick too. Great job.

Dawn B. said...

Oh yeah and your COLORING is gorgeous. You are really doing a great job..Hugs.

Abi Bundy said...

Love your card the colouring is great!

01 09 10