Monday 13 July 2009

Penny Black Mice Ruby Wedding Anniversary Card

This is the second of three Ruby Wedding Anniversary cards I need to make. This one was made for Alan to give to Jan. My sweet friend Dawn from the USA recently sent me some RAK images and this cute Penny Black mice image was among them. Thanks so much Dawn, it was perfect for this occasion! I know Jan adores Penny Black images - and this one in particular! I've coloured it with Coloursoft pencils and Zest-It solvent but I've also added a small amount of brown Twinkling H20's paint to the mice - a colouring tip from Dawn. I made the sky and ground with chalks and added glitter to the rose. The heart on the tag is a tiny die cut shape. The caramel layer is popped up with 3d foam tape. On the photo corners I've added ruby red Swarovski crystals.

Square Nesties were used for my white and red squares. I've used my gorgeous new Cuttlebug 'Victoria' folder on the red squares. SU! plain and scalloped oval punches were used for the sentiment which I printed from the PC. I used the RGB colour codes for SU! Real Red and the font is Bauhaus Std Medium. This is a symmetrical layout and I've used different shapes here, I thought maybe squares, rectangles and ovals may be too much, but I like how this card turned out. I hope Jan and Alan approve too!



This pic shows how I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope.




Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Long Stem Cuties', 'with love' on the inside of the card is from the SU! Yummy set
CS: SU! Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Whisper White & Old Olive
Ink: Black StazOn, SU! Real Red
Tools: Derwent Coloursoft pencils, Zest-It natural solvent, square Nestabilities dies, Victoria Cuttlebug embossing folder, Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners and Hearts, Stars & Tags dies, SU! plain and scalloped oval punches - for the inside & envelope - SU! oval punches, QuicKutz Heart die, EK Success flower punches & Sizzix Decorative Strip Ribbons die, small heart punch
Embellishments: Ruby red Swarovski crystals, Crystal ultrafine glitter, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

1 comment:

Amraselensar said...

What a lovely card to give to someone, I am sure Alan will be pleased to give this to his wife!

01 09 10