Monday 24 August 2009

Cupcake It's Your Birthday for Kevin

This is the birthday card I made for our dear friend Kevin. I recently made a card for a challenge where you had to use Real Red, Bashful Blue and More Mustard and Kevin really liked it - so I thought I'd go with those colours for his card. I also got to play with my new Crazy for Cupcakes set.

The card is made with Real Red CS and measures 5 3/4" square. I cut a smidgen off the bottom of the card and glued on the Mustard strip made using the Sizzix Ribbons Decorative Strip die. The image and layer panels and sentiment circles were all cut with Nesties. I coloured the image with pencils and solvent. I stamped the icing and candle again, cut them out and have popped them both up with 3d foam pads. A touch of sparkle has been added to the candle flame with Yellow Stickles.

I added red brads to the image panel and blue Candy Dots to the Mustard strip at the bottom. The sentiment element is popped up with 3d foam pads.




This pic shows how I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope. Not sure if you can read the inside sentiment, you can click on the pic to see a larger image. The sentiment reads 'Hope your Birthday is as special as you are!'



It's Kevin's birthday today, I hope he has a fabulous day and that he likes the card!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Crazy for Cupcakes set, 'with love' on envelope from SU! Yummy set, outside and inside sentiments both from Hero Arts
CS: SU! Real Red, Bashful Blue and More Mustard, Elzybells Smooth White CS
Ink: Black StazOn, SU! Real Red, Marvy Le Plume II markers
Tools: Derwent Coloursoft pencils, Zest-It natural solvent, Rectangle, Long Rectangle and Circle Nestabilities dies, Sizzix 'Ribbons' Decorative Strip die, SU! Scallop Border punch, small star punch
Embellishments & accessories: Yellow Stickles, Pebbles Inc. Baby Blue Candy Dots, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10