Saturday 8 August 2009

Pot of Flowers for Kevin & Peter

I was telling Kevin and Peter about the card classes I was going to attend at the Glitter Pot and was trying to describe a pot of flowers pocket card. In the end I said it would be easier for me to make one and send it to them! This was to say thank you for the lovely flowers they sent to me.

When I made my card at the class I forgot to emboss the pot so I made sure to do that on this card and used my new Diamond Plate Cuttlebug folder. I used the Threading Water punch to add a scalloped edge to my pot. I followed Joanne's technique of sandwiching the notecard piece between two half circles and then attaching the flowers to the front half circle. Joanne has a flower pot card tutorial on her blog so click here to view it - the page will open in a new window.

SU! Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and Taken with Teal cardstocks and the 5 Petal Flower punch were used to make the flowers and leaves. I used a DEET tool on a moulding mat to add lines to the punched flowers and silver Dew Drops were added to the centres. All the flowers are popped up with 3d foam pads. The sentiment was cut out with a Spellbinders Label Trio die.



This pic shows the pot and insert separately.



This pic shows the half circle at the back of the card.




Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment from the SU! Sweet Little Sentiments set
CS: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal, Sahara Sand & Old Olive, Bazzill Sienna
Ink: SU! Tempting Turquoise
Tools: Diamond Plate Cuttlebug embossing folder, SU! 5 Petal Flower punch, Fiskars Threading Water punch, small circle punch, Spellbinders Label Trio die, Coluzzle Companion Circle template, DEET tool
Embellishments & accessories: Silver Robin's Nest Dew Drops, turquoise ribbon, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

Ruth this is incredible. Now I wish I had gotten that folder. I love the way it looks. Super job.

01 09 10