Monday 3 August 2009

Pop Up Butterfly Card

Oh my word, how I LOVE this pop up butterfly punch - but sadly it isn't mine. XCut released it as a limited edition and I didn't manage to get one - but my very kind friend Jan did and she has lent it to me for a while. I am going to have a hard time letting this punch go back to it's original home LOL!

I made this card for today's CAS (Clean & Simple) challenge on Splitcoast Stampers where you had to add stitching to your card. Fortunately for me, faux stitching was allowed as well as real stitching.

I punched the pop up butterfly first and then cut it out with a square Nestability die. I cut a square the same size in the polka dot patterned paper and glued the black square to the patterned paper square. I cut a larger square in plain paper and used the template from my SU! Mat Pack and Pokey Tool to pierce holes around the square and then I used a black permanent ink pen to draw in the faux stitches.

The sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp I've had for years and it is still one of my favourites. I masked off the second part of the sentiment and only stamped the first half on the card front. I added the 3 dots with the black pen.

That gorgeous bright pink ruffled ribbon is a joy to behold. It was a RAK gift from Michelle and I absolutely love it. I punched out a small six petalled flower and used the large round end of an embossing stylus in the centre so the flower cupped up. I added a white half pearl to the centre and 3 tiny ones to the butterfly body.

Inside the card I stamped the rest of the sentiment which reads "...smiles & laughter" and I've stamped a pink butterfly next to that.




Supplies:
Stamps: Smiles & Laughter from Hero Arts
CS: White CS, SU! Basic Black
Paper: Plain and polka dot papers from Lasting Impressions in Raspberry
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: XCut Pop Up Butterfly punch, square Nestability dies, Woodware small flower punch, SU! Mat Pack, XCut Pokey Tool, embossing stylus, black permanent ink pen
Embellishments: Pebbles Inc. ribbon, PaperMania self adhesive white pearls



Hope you're having a day of smiles and laughter!

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10