Thursday, 6 August 2009

Gatefold Pop Up Butterfly

Another card made with the Pop Up Butterfly punch while I still have it in my possession LOL! This is a simple A5 gatefold card made using the M&F Board.

I love the My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow patterned papers and I'm really chuffed with how well it goes with SU! Really Rust and Mellow Moss colours.

I punched the butterfly and then cut out the circle using a Nestie die. I cut out a same size circle in patterned paper and glued this behind the plain circle. I've then cut out a contrasting Nestie Labels Three die shape. I've stamped a sentiment and added punched flowers with gem centres.

This card will be winging its way to Canada soon. A member of the Splitcoast Stampers forums contacted me to ask for some stamped images and this card will accompany the images.




Supplies:
Stamps: Hello! from Hero Arts Hello Birdie Sparkle Clear set
CS: SU! Really Rust & Mellow Moss
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow 6" x 6" pad
Ink: SU! Really Rust
Tools: M&F Board, X Cut Pop Up Butterfly punch, circle and Labels Three Nestability dies, X Cut small flower punch
Embellishments: Self adhesive crystals


Photobucket

2 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. I love the popped up butterfly. What gorgeous dp. This is such a super card. I really like MME paper. It is becoming my favorite company. TFS

Maryvel said...

Hello Ruth, I have been wanting to write here for a while but something else keeps coming up and then I forget about it! But I was certainly a very lucky girl to receive this beautiful card! I love it so much, I went out and didn't rest until I found that punch, just love it and plan to use it soon! I also love the paper but here in Canada you can only find it in 12 x 12, but thanks to eBay, I was able to find some 6x6. Once again Ruth, Thank you so very much for the beautiful card and the beautiful images! Hope we can keep in touch! Take care!