Sunday 7 February 2010

Bird Thank You Card For Mo

Mo, a lovely lady from my card group, got a Bird Call Cuttlebug embossing folder as a gift but she already had that one so she very kindly gave her duplicate to me. I thought I'd use the folder to make a little thank you card for her.

I make a lot of square cards from A4 size CS so I have lots of strips in my scraps. I thought I'd make another scrapling card using one of the strips with an element that extends off the side so it will fit in a C6 envelope. The strip was a full A4 in length and I trimmed it slightly so it is 3" wide.

I embossed a piece of Core'dinations paper with the folder, scuffed the embossing with ultrafine sandpaper, cut it out with a circle Nestie and cut out a couple of mats. I used Black Magic Core'dinations paper that has a pale pink core which matched my Pretty in Pink card base. I stamped the sentiment and added a Prima flower to the ribbon I tied in a knot around the card. Then I added teeny tiny butterflies with crystal centres and some black candy dots to finish the card.




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Clear Design Thank You Messages set
CS: SU! Pretty in Pink & Rose Red, Black CS, Core'dinations Black Magic Potion No. 9 pad
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Bird Call Cuttlebug embossing folder, Circle Nestabilities dies, Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punch
Embellishments & accessories: Black grosgrain ribbon, Prima flower, pink crystals, Pebbles Inc. Black Candy Dots, glue dots

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10