Saturday 6 February 2010

Birthday Card & Chocolate Bar Wrap for Dawn

This is the card and chocolate bar wrap I made to send to Dawn in the USA for her birthday. Dawn let me know it arrived yesterday - and she's already eaten the chocolate, and before her birthday too, naughty girl!

The card measures 5 3/4" square and was made with Barely Banana CS. The mats are made with Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant CS. I stamped the Medallion in Eggplant ink. For the centre element, I die cut a Banana circle and a smaller Eggplant circle which I embossed with the Victoria Cuttlebug folder. Then I stamped the circle from the Vintage Frames set in Perfect Plum ink, punched it out with the Scalloped Circle punch and added the sentiment in Eggplant ink. A couple of the circles are popped up with foam pads.

I've just recently got the Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punch that punches out 3 butterflies. Well, I have quite a thing for butterflies and butterfly punches and I just love this particular punch. I love that the butterflies have a slightly frilly edge - even the tiny ones! It also handles thicker CS too which is great as I use SU! CS a lot. I think I may have to get the MS 1" Classic Butterfly punch too - you can never have enough butterfly punches, right?! Anyway, to finish off the card, I put a butterfly in each corner after popping up the wings a bit and added a purple crystal to each body.



Then I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope.



Then I made a wrap to go round a thoroughly scrumptious bar of Lindt dark chocolate with hazelnuts - I'm following a diet so this part was very tough for me LOL! I measured the bar and cut and scored the Perfect Plum CS accordingly and just wrapped it around the bar and used red liner tape to stick it down. Then I used a stamp for the sentiment, Labels Four Nestie dies, some ribbon and more punched butterflies and crystals. I love how the Labels Four die works with that stamp!



Hope you have a wonderful birthday Dawn and get lots more chocolate LOL!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Medallion BG stamp, Vintage Frames & Yummy sets, sentiment inside card by Hero Arts
CS: SU! Barely Banana, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Perfect Plum & Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Circle & Labels Four Nestabilities dies, SU! Scalloped Circle punch, Martha Stewart Classic 3 Butterfly punch, Victoria CB folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! So Saffron & Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, crystals, PaperMania Shimmer Dots, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10