Friday 26 February 2010

Flower For You Card for SCS F4A1 Challenge

Friday's Splitcoast Stampers challenge used to be a Limited Supplies challenge. This week they've started a new one, the Free for All challenge. Today's F4A1 was Textures, Colours and Patterns. You had to use texture, a colour you don't normally use and the optional part was to include patterned paper. I'm still suffering a lack of mojo so I thought a challenge might do me some good!

I used my new Rellie Rave CB folder, ribbon, a shell button and domed candy dots for texture, Old Olive patterned paper and the colour I don't normally use is Cameo Coral.

The card measures 5 3/4" square and was made with Ruby Red CS. I used the same layout that I used for Owen's Valentine card. The leaves were made with a Sizzlits die and the flower is a Cuttlebug die. The Ruby Red square and the flower are popped up. I stamped the sentiment on the bottom of a punched out circle shape to echo the circles in the embossed panel. Hmmmm, I'm still not keen on Cameo Coral!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! One of a Kind set
CS: SU! Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Kraft, Chocolate Chip & Old Olive
Patterned paper: SU! Old Olive Prints Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Rellie Rave Cuttlebug folder, square Nestabilities dies, SU! Little Leaves Sizzlits die, Cuttlebug 2" x 6" Flowers die, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Choc Chip grosgrain ribbon, shell button, Pebbles Inc. Chocolate Candy Dots, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

This is a terrific card. I love all the texture you have.. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on my blog. I really needed it today.. My hands have been hurting so much lately that I can hardly color even..Plus the exhaustion I have is overwhelming.. SO your comments made me smile.. You are good at that.. I LOVE your blog look. It is beautiful.

01 09 10