Thursday 12 August 2010

50th Birthday Card & Candle for Kevin

This is the card I made for Kevin's 50th birthday. I saw the green candle in a shop a couple of days after I'd made the card and decided it would be fun to decorate it to match the card. It's not his birthday until later on in August but the party was on the 7th and he opened cards and gifts from the guests at the party. I've only just recovered from the fabulous birthday bash weekend!

The card measures approx. 5" x 7" and was made with Bashful Blue CS. I stamped the candles on the So Saffron layer and also stamped on Bashful Blue patterned papers so I could paper piece the candles. I've added yellow Stickles to the flames. At the bottom I've added a strip of Chocolate Chip ribbon, a strip of Old Olive patterned paper and I then added some blue candy dots. I made the 50 circle element with my Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet set and two offset 1 3/4" punched circles. The 50 and the 'celebrate' candle are both popped up.

For the candle, I adhered a strip of Saffron paper and then added the 50 circle element. This time, I used a 1 1/2" circle matted onto a 1 3/4" circle and squidged the numbers closer together. The belly band around the candle slides off so he can use the candle without the reminder of being 50!



This pic shows the inside of the card:



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Big Candles clear set, inside sentiment also Hero Arts
CS: SU! Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Old Olive & Chocolate Chip
Patterned paper: SU! Bashful Blue Prints Designer Series Paper pack, Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper stack
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet set, Nestie circle dies, circle punches, corner rounder punch, star punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, Pebbles Inc. Baby Blue Candy Dots, Yellow Stickles, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Diane Jaquay said...

Your card is FABULOUS!!!

01 09 10