Friday 28 January 2011

Best Wishes Stamper's Ten Challenge Card

For our Stamper's Ten monthly challenge, Joanne gave us CS in Concord Crush, Pretty in Pink and Basic Grey, a piece of Lap of Luxury patterned paper, the Concord Crush flower with the Pretty in Pink flower centre and some ribbon.  I have to say I'm not a fan of Concord Crush and I'm not all that keen on grey either - but at least I loved the Pretty in Pink!

I used my gorgeous leafy medallion stamp from the Day of Gratitude set.  I stamped the image in VersaMark,  heat embossed with silver powder, cut it out and secured the paper flower to the centre with a Hodgepodge Hardware brad.  The medallion is popped up.  I added a punched photo corner and popped the sentiment oval up over the ribbon strip.  The Best Wishes is heat embossed in silver and I punched it out with the plain oval punch.  I punched another plain oval in pink, cut it in half and chopped a bit off both sides and layered the two bits behind the Concord Crush oval.  


I'd just got a new clear set of  Hero Arts sentiment stamps and I was itching to get those inky so I used a couple of those for the inside of the card.  I used a Labels Trio die for the sunshine and smiles wording.  I also stamped three leaves from the Day of Gratitude set and cut them out.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Day of Gratitude and Ovals All sets, Hero Arts Sending Smiles Messages set
CS: SU! Pretty in Pink, Concord Crush, Basic Grey
Patterned paper: SU! Lap of Luxury Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: VersaMark, Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey and Elegant Eggplant
Tools: SU! plain oval punch, SU! Photo Corners punch, Labels Trio die
Embellishments & accessories: Silver embossing powder, SU! Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware brad, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Linda Fisher said...

Hi Ruth,
The prettiest color combination I've see in a while. Beautiful card. Thank you for much for sharing.
Linda Fisher
www.devotedstamper.com

01 09 10