Wednesday 19 January 2011

Stamper's Ten Make & Take Cards

Last night was Joanne's Stamper's Ten Make and Take evening and she had two designs for us to make using the Sweet Summer Sale-A-Bration set.  My cards differ from Joanne's slightly 'cos the stamping gods weren't smiling on me last night - or today - and I kept messing things up! 

This first card uses the sprig stamp from the set, we coloured the leaves and berries with markers, drew lines and then added punched hearts with rhinestones and linen thread to one corner.  We spritzed the Crumb Cake panel with the Color Spritzer tool and used the crimper to just crimp one portion of the panel.  Joanne used the 'for you' stamp from the Fresh Cuts set but I finished my card off at home and made it an anniversary card. The image panel is popped up.


We decorated the inside with a Crumb Cake panel with three punched hearts in one corner.


For the second card, Joanne used the Scallop Trim border and matching corner punches on the saffron panel.  Well, I just couldn't get my corners and borders lined up, I tried a couple of times but I gave up!  I used the Eyelet Border punch on just one edge - much easier and far less frustrating!   We coloured the flowers with markers scribbled on a tile and picked up the colour with a waterbrush.  Then we cut out the flowers and popped them up.  I coloured my sprig images for both cards in one go and got carried away - I carried on colouring the berries red when for this card I should have used the Marina Mist marker.   So I've applied blue gems to cover up the red.  The sprig was stamped in Marina Mist ink down the right side of the card and then we used a VersaMarker to colour in the images.


We decorated inside the card too.  Joanne used the Scallop Trim punches again but I stuck with my Eyelet Border punch and added a saffron strip to the right side.  I stamped my clear Hero Arts sentiment in Marina Mist ink - and then dropped the acrylic block on the white panel which resulted in some inky smudges * sigh *  So I added some punched flowers to the bottom part of the panel.  I really hate it when it's the very last thing on a card that goes wrong!  Mind you I messed up on this one from the get go!


Supplies for anniversary card:
Stamps: SU! Sweet Summer set, sentiment from Stampendous
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler & black marker pens
Tools: Crimper, Color Spritzer tool, SU! Heart to Heart punch, SU! Small Heart punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Linen Thread, SU! Basic Rhinestones, 3d foam tape


Supplies for birthday card:
Stamps: SU! Sweet Summer & Cheer & Wishes sets, Hero Arts Sending Smiles Messages clear set
CS: SU! Marina Mist, So Saffron & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Basic Black, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi marker pen, VersaMarker pen
Tools: SU! Eyelet Border punch, X Cut mini flower punch, waterbrush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Whisper White organza ribbon, SU! Dimensionals, Anita's gem wheel


Photobucket

1 comment:

Pauline said...

These are lovely cards,I particularly like the heart tree, a lovely idea!

01 09 10