Tuesday 18 January 2011

Leafy Just For You Card For Mo

My friend Mo has just had a stay in hospital so I sent her this card to wish her well following her operation.  I just can't get enough of the gorgeous silhouette stamp from the Just Believe set and I love it used with a soothing green colour palette.  I wonder what it is that makes you fall in love with an image so?  All I know is that it makes me happy to use it, the whole set is destined to be a firm favourite!

This card is a version of the card we made at our last card group.  The card is a top folding portrait A6 size made with Certainly Celery CS.  I've embossed the front with a leafy embossing folder and added some brown ribbon.  I stamped the image in celery ink first and then in Memento Bamboo Leaves.  The 'just for you' was stamped in pearlescent chocolate ink on a strip of vellum  that was wrapped round and taped to the back of the white panel.  The image panel is popped up.  To finish the card front I added a large punched photo corner and green gems.


Then I decorated the inside of the card.


The last thing was to stamp the envelope.  I love stamping the leafy frame on the front of envelopes - that's where I write the recipient's name.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Just Believe & Sweet Little Sentiments sets
CS: SU! Certainly Celery & Whisper White, Core'dinations Amazon
Ink: SU! Certainly Celery, Memento Bamboo Leaves, Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate
Tools: Leafy Branch Cuttlebug embossing folder, rectangle Nestabilities dies, SU! Photo Corners punch
Embellishments & accessories: brown ribbon, Doodlebug Limeade gems, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

This is just gorgeous - I love this set too - Jacqueline xx.

01 09 10