Thursday 9 June 2011

Beach Huts Birthday Card

It's our neighbour Jim's birthday on Saturday and this is the card I've made for him.  The dreaded male card - but having new rubber helps I find!  Lesley very kindly lent me her Hobby Art Beach Huts stamp to try out.  It's a nice stamp to work with, the huts are very easy to cut out and it's a great image for a male summer birthday card.  Actually, I rather enjoyed making this card, it was fun!  The card started out as a So Saffron A6 size card but I chopped a tad off the side so it looked more balanced.  I stamped on Whisper White CS, cut the image out with a Wonky Rectangle Nestie die and coloured with markers and a blender pen.  I made a circle mask, sponged Bashful Blue ink for the sky and then sponged Barely Banana ink over the white circle to make a sun.  I then stamped the birds.

The sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set and I've used a sentiment from the same set on the inside of the card.  The beach huts are cut out and popped up. I applied Glossy Accents to the beach hut doors.   I did think about applying it to the windows but they are so teeny tiny I decided not to!  I've attached the white panel to the Marina Mist panel with pewter brads and popped it up.



Here's the envelope and the inside of the card.   I just stamped the beach huts in Marina Mist ink and didn't add any colouring.  I really wish I'd remembered to sponge the edges of that white Wonky Rectangle, hey ho!  After this masculine card normal service will be resumed here at Flower Sparkle soon  - a couple more  pink flowery cards have been made LOL!




Supplies:
Stamps: Hobby Art Beach Huts & Flock of Birds, Hero Arts Sending Smiles Messages clear set
CS: SU! So Saffron, Marina Mist & Whisper White
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Bashful Blue, Barely Banana & various marker colours
Tools: Wonky Rectangle Nestabilities dies,  circle punches, SU! blender pen, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: Ranger Glossy Accents, pewter brads, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

Sue said...

Brilliant Ruth i love this wonky retangle you are using Luv Sue x

01 09 10