Monday 27 June 2011

CAS Red, Black & White Cards

Today's CAS125 challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was a colour challenge of red, black and white.  I love black and white with a pop of bold colour so this was right up my street!  I got to ink up some new SU! stamps - the lovely Always set plus the matching Always in Bloom wheel and a sentiment from the Watercolor Trio set.

The first card was made for my friend Jan.  Her hubby Alan is in hospital and I know what a worrying time that can be for the partner left alone at home so I made the card to let her know I'm thinking of her and there for her if she needs anything.  I used the lovely heart from the Always set, stamping once in black ink direct to the card and stamping again in red ink on a separate piece of white CS.  I cut the inside portion of the heart out and I've popped it up.  I stamped the wheel on the bottom and added black lines with a marker.  I punched the sentiment out with the Modern Label punch and added a red mat.  I stamped a tiny flower onto red CS and punched a small red heart to go on the sentiment label, added black brads and I popped the label up.  The last thing for the card front was to round the right hand corners and add some bling to the heart.


Inside I stamped two foliage images, stamped and cut out the flower, popped it up and added a gem.  I stamped the wheel down the short side of the envelope and added black lines with a marker.


I have been hankering after this Always set for absolute ages, I just LOVE the images in the set, especially the bird.  Can't say as I care for the sentiments though but I really do love the images.  I was so hoping the set would appear in our UK SU! catty but it never did.  I was so chuffed to discover there was a matching wheel too.  I got the set and wheel from eBay and my wonderful friends Debbie and Mike bought them back from the USA for me.  While the stamps were out I decided to make another card but this time using the gorgeous bird.   

I started off by stamping the wheel image and I added a strip of gingham ribbon underneath.  I stamped the bird direct to the card but also stamped one separately and cut it out.  I wrapped a length of the gingham ribbon above the wheel image and tied it in a knot.  I went round the bird image with a black marker so no white shows, popped it up and added a gem eye.  I stamped the three small flowers from the set, punched them out with a small circle punch which measures just a tad over 3/8" and glued them on.  I will use this as a BRAK card so I added the lovely Happy Birthday from the Curly Cute set to finish off the front.


Then inside the card I stamped the foliage image along the bottom in black ink - stamping twice before re-inking - and added a red CS strip.  I stamped and punched out five small solid flowers.  I inked the sentiment with markers so I could get two colours.  For the envelope I stamped the wheel along the long side of the envelope and again added black lines with a marker.  I'm so happy to have these beautiful stamps!




Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Always set, 'fron the heart' from SU! Watercolor Trio set, SU! Always in Bloom wheel, SU! Curly Cute set, sentiment inside card 2 from Penny Black
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blanks, SU! Real Red
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Real Red, SU! Basic Black & Real Red markers
Tools: SU! Modern Label punch, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, X Cut small circle punch, small heart punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: black & white gingham ribbon, black brads, gems, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10