Wednesday 13 June 2012

Butterflies Raised Panel - Birthday Card For Jan No. 1

It's my friend Jan's birthday today and this is one of two cards I made for the occasion.   I made this birthday card for us to give to Jan using some new goodies that Jan and I both bought at the Glitter Pot when we were there for the demo weekend.  I love die cutting or punching shapes in a panel and then popping the panel up.  Movers and Shapers dies are really great to use for this style of card and we both bought the butterfly set.  We also both bought the Tim Holtz embossing folders pack that contains the woodgrain and brick designs and I've used the woodgrain folder on my raised panel.

Patterned paper with a small design is perfect for placing underneath a cut out layer and I've used a Basic Grey Kissing Booth paper here which led to a colour combo of Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red. After die cutting the butterfly shapes I embossed the panel with the woodgrain folder, lightly brayered Soft Suede ink over the top and sponged the edges. I added three ribbon loops and a flower brad to the sentiment panel and popped that up.  I then added the punched photo corner and two small die cut butterflies to finish off the card front.


I stamped and decorated a panel for inside the card.


I also made an envelope with the patterned paper using the SU! Simply Scored Diagonal Plate - I love how a matching envelope ties everything together so nicely!  I used Labels Four Nestie dies and added a large butterfly cut from the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Cheer & Wishes set, Hero Arts Yummy Treats clear set
CS: SU! Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette & Riding Hood Red
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Kissing Booth 'Pucker Up'
Ink: SU! Early Espreso & Soft Suede
Tools: Sizzix Mini Butterflies Movers & Shapers die set,  Sizzix Woodgrain embossing folder, brayer, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, SU! Photo Corners punch, Labels Four Nestabilities dies, SU! Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: brown & white gingham ribbon, SU! flower brad, jewel rhinestones, Dimensionals



Photobucket

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

Wow - this is amazing, might just have to CASE this as I got some butterfly dies for my birthday last week. Love the decorative paper and matching envelope - Jacqueline xx

01 09 10